Review: Shills Super Magic BB CreamSunday, January 16, 2011
Another BB cream to try and this time it's from Shills. It's my first Shills product I purchased because when it first came out, there weren't enough reviews to encourage me to buy it. Shills is a company from Taiwan that has an almost similar packaging to Benefit cosmetics. Some of the products that are similar are Electric Eye Concealer, Close To You, BB Flawless Record Powder Foundation and many more.
|See how they look similar to Benefit in packaging?|
Shills Super Magic BB Cream
- Recommended by Taiwan Variety Show 女人我最大 QUEEN!
- Product: 6 in 1 BB cream. UV protection, skin whitening, oil control, moisturizer, concealer, makeup base all in one. UV protection ingredient included.
- Contain ginkgo extract, vitamin C and other whitening agent to brighten skin.
- Green tea extract to control excess oil.
- Hyaluronic acid and jojoba to moisturize.
- It doesn't clog pores and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Highly used by Korean Actress to create perfect nude look.
- BB cream is initials for Blemish Balm Cream. It is originally created by German physician intended for sensitive skin patient.
- Used after Morning skin care routine. Apply like foundation.
How I Use It
I squeeze a 1 cm diameter onto the tip of my right middle finger and apply it on the center of my face. I will add another 1 cm diameter of product if I feel I have super dull skin that day.
What I Like About It
- The price is affordable, retailing at IDR 135,000 for 50 ml product
- The packaging is hygienic since it has a squeeze tube and flip cap, instead of being in a jar
- It has quite a strong scent of green tea, so, to those sensitive to scents, be careful~ I like it, though ^.^
- It's easy to blend
- Texture is almost like a lotion
- It did NOT break me out, yay!
- It has a semi matte finish
- It does NOT oxidize into a gray cast
- The shade matches my face wonderfully
- Oil control is good. I need to blot at 11 a.m., after applying this at 7 a.m.
What I Hate About It
- It's not readily available because sometimes I have to pre-order it
- The tube itself feels cheap because the plastic feels really thin
- People with shade medium-dark are unable to use this
- I can't find the English version of the list of ingredients on the box
If your shade is fair-light, then this might be a match for you. Since it claims to have ginko and green tea extracts, I would assume that it would be a good product to use as it conceals redness and heals skin at the same time. It's also great for people first starting with BB creams as this is easy to blend and doesn't oxidize as much as others.
|A light beige shade|
|How it looks like spread out a little bit|
|Blended nicely into the skin|
|Flimsy plastic packaging with a flip cap|
Availability : 1/1
Price : 1/1
Packaging : 1/1
Ingredients : 2/3
Effectiveness : 3/3
EIGHT out of ten