I have been wanting to do a review on this BB cream since about a week ago, but I wasn't in the mood to blog. Untill last night, when I finally decided to do my mini The Body Shop haul because I was so excited over the Moringa Milk Body Lotion that has a spray cap on top of it. Talk about ADD.. Anyway, since I am in one of those writing moods, I think I'll start with the mini review.
The story went like this. I was hearing so much about BB creams that are out in the market nowadays ranging from Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, American, etc brands. Skinfood, Etude House, Missha, BRTC, and many others are sorta like crazed over this product. So, to give you an introduction to what BB creams are, in short, they are basically a combination of moisturiser, foundation, concealer, sunscreen, whitening agents (some), and some other healing factors (for blemishes, acne, and other skin problems). They were first used in Germany by dermatologists who prescribed blemish balms to their patients who had just undergone laser surgeries. Those blemish balms are supposed to make the healing faster, or something.
Long story short, these BB creams seemed like a perfect ending to a perfect story where everyone lived happily ever after right? Well, that is not the case for me. I have tried almost 3-5 brands of BB creams and not even one of them matches my skin tone. The thing with BB cream is the shade availability is limited to only ONE, in other brands like Missha and BRTC they have two shades. Unlike other girls who dream of having a fair complexion, that just means WHITE to me. I tried some of the BB creams and most of them leaves a whitish cast on my face, leaving me looking like a ghost. I don't want that. Those having fairer skin that me, might not have a problem with finding the right BB cream, I reckon.
Before I bore you to death with my rants of not finding the perfect HG BB cream, I will say to you that I found my HG BB Cream! It goes by the name of L'egere White Multi Blemish Balm Cream. I will describe what it says on the box.
L'EGERE White Multi Blemish Balm Cream(Arbutin 500 mg contains)
INGREDIENTS: Arbutin, Cyclomethicone, Jojoba oil, Polyglyceyl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1Dimethicone, Bees Wax, Tocopheryl acetate, Propyl Parabem,Sorbita sesquioleate, Petrolatum, Titanium oxides, Cyslopentasiloxane, Iron Oxides / Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyl Paraben, Sodium Hysluronate, Marine Collagen, Rose Water, Centella Asiaticac
ALL IN ONE FUNCTION : sun protect + make up base + skin cover + foundations for 24 hours.
WHITENING & SKIN CARE FORMULA: White Multi BB Cream acts effectively on irritated skin, concealing dermal blemish and helps skin rejuvenation with innovative active ingredients. Blocking the penetration of UV rays and other harmful factors. This silicon-based formula defines a natural long-lasting complexion, with gentle calming effects of natural, plant-derived soothing particles not only on oily and sensitive skin, but also on irritated skin following peel care.
GOOD FOR: Skin that needs protection, irritated skin by peeling and laser procedures, sensitive and troubled skin.
DIRECTIONS: After following the daily skin routine, apply generously on face and sensitive area. For skin protection and natural-looking coverage, lightly pat a small amount of product over entire face in the final stage of basic skin toning.
Weight: 50g/1.69 fl ozMade in Korea
* Light texture. It's like not wearing anything at all!
* Blends effortlessly. I usually just use my fingers, but sponges and brushes might also work.
* A pea size amount is enough to cover my whole face
* Medium coverage. I really like that it conceals some of my acne scars and undereye circles (mine are mild) without the need to use concealers
* Matte finish. It reduces my oh-ever-so-shiny face
* Good oil control. It reduces my blotting time for up to 2 hours. I usually blot 30-60 mins after my skincare routine =(
* Really feels good post-laser procedure. It helps with healing the scars after I had laser resurfacing therapy.
* Quite cheap if compared to BRTC's
* So far it doesn't break me out at all, unlike Etude House's which broke me out right after I use it.
* My nose didn't pick up any scent, I don't know about your nose though =p
* It doesn't have a description on how many SPF is there in the BB cream
* It's not readily available in Jakarta. I heard it's available in Singapore though. (not sure) I bought mine from a seller at Kaskus at Rp 350000,-
* I don't know whether or not it's oil-free, but I didn't get any break outs while using it so.. maybe it is? *shrugs*
* I wish it has a pump, so as not to get contaminated easily
Here is the swatch of the BB cream on my hand. Looks darker than my skin? Not to fret! It blends right away!
There you go, my not-so-mini review on the L'egere White Multi BB Cream. The rants are mostly regarding the availability and the lack of description on the box, but other than that the product is awesome on my oily/blemish and acne prone skin. I recommend that you try it out, but always remember that "What works for me might not work for you and vice versa". Have you tried BB creams yet? If so, which one is your favorite?
The FTC law states that any blogger must answer these 4 questions for every company they talk about on a blog, so here you go FTC.
1) Did you get this product for free by the company, or did you buy it yourself?
I bought it myself.
2) Are you getting paid or compensated by this company for this video?
3) Are you affiliated with this company?
4) Is this your honest opinion or a paid review?
My honest opinion.